A growing number of institutions, both public and private, are interested in mapping an area, photographing a site, making a 3D reconstruction of existing structures.
From media industries to archaeology, from urban architecture to the protection of the national heritage, the focus nowadays is on visual data of the highest possible quality, a fundamental premise to the study, condition assessment and preservation of sites of artistic, natural or economic value.
Drones can help, because they:
- can capture details from almost any angle
- carry out a photographic campaign in a short time
- do not require a complex scaffolding or equipment to be set up
- can be connected to modeling softwares that recreate any given area in 3D
- carry sensors of the highest precision
- do not cost much