Industries of all kinds (oil&gas, mining, chemical, etc.) require a constant control of structures and machineries, in order to guarantee the correct, safe and functional use of their plants. Institutions and private corporations alike constantly manage the condition of various typologies of infrastructures (dams, viaducts, etc.), always looking for the the crack, the flaw or the breach that can cause the next disaster. Close inspection and prevention of damages are key elements of sound maintenance practices.
Drones can help, because they:
- spare people the risk of working in exposed, dangerous or toxic situations
- can get very close to any objective
- carry sensors of the highest precision
- can stream data in real-time to a qualified operator
- can be substituted if broken or damaged during an operation
- do not cost much